Address all 10 Common Core Standards for Grades 3, 4, 5, and 6
Teach your students how to evaluate their own writing with kid-friendly rubrics. Based on Common Core grade-level expectations, criteria are clear and scoring is simple.
BONUS FOR PARCC STATES: This rubrics/checklist system also develops skills required for PARCC assessments.
- provide visual representation of strengths and weaknesses
- help students substantiate their self-assessment
- allow teachers to quickly find and review relevant areas
- mimic PARCC assessments that require students to substantiate their claims by selecting supporting excerpts from provided text(s)
Scoring that’s based on Common Core expectations
Then, students score their writing based on prior, current, and future grade-level expectations of the Common Core Standards.
Using current and surrounding grade-level expectations will:
- give students simple, clear, concrete, and affirmative criteria
- reinforce previously learned skills
- encourage students to strive toward future expectations
- deepen understanding of each criterion’s objective
- ensure that students and teachers are assessing the same criteria in the same manner
- result in more efficient and effective revision and editing
Checklists that lead students through the entire writing process
Along the way, students use checklists to keep track of their progress and accomplishments.
Referring to these checklists will:
- guide students through the entire writing process
- develop strong planning, revising and editing skills
- help students fulfill Common Core Writing Standards and several Language Standards
Note: The documents below include a Common Core Alignment Sheet that specifies the standards addressed by each rubric and checklist.
Click on the links to download the rubrics/checklists system and teach your students how to assess their own writing using Common Core Standards and PARCC assessment skills.
3rd Grade Opinion Writing
3rd Grade Informative Writing
3rd Grade Narrative Writing
4th Grade Opinion Writing
4th Grade Informative Writing
4th Grade Narrative Writing
5th Grade Opinion Writing
5th Grade Informative Writing
5th Grade Narrative Writing
6th Grade Argument
6th Grade Informative
6th Grade Narrative