If you’d like others to comment on a completed activity, post it in the “Leave a Reply” box at the bottom of this page. For specific instructions on posting and commenting, go to Share Your Writing.
Find a theme from your life
Answer any of the following questions to discover a theme that matters to you.
- Is there something you wish people understood about you? How could you help them understand?
- Is there someone who drives you crazy? What would you like to show or teach this person?
- What do you like most about your best friend? What message could you give other people to make them more like him or her?
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
- What is the most important thing you’ve learned about being a good friend? How could you teach it to others?
- If someone was sad or upset, what would you say to make things better?
* * *
Find the theme in a story
Think of the last story you read.
- What was the main problem?
- How did the MC overcome it in the end?
- How did you feel at the end of the story?
- What do you think the author wanted you to think about after you finished the story?