Leap into the Common Core
with No Ordinary Lizard
These free writing guides fulfill all 10 writing standards in the Common Core by combining examples and activities generated from the middle-grade novel No Ordinary Lizard with the instruction and opportunities available here at All Write with Me.
Inside the Guides
- Thought-provoking questions to facilitate opinion writing
- Research topics to generate informative writing
- Examples from the book No Ordinary Lizard to foster narrative writing
- A list of standards addressed by each activity
- Links to relevant instructional pages on allwritewithme.com
From the Book
- Research topics in science, biology, mythology, history, oceanography, space and more
- Character relationships, character growth, core themes
- A variety of narrative techniques to emulate
Download your free writing guide
and start fulfilling the Common Core writing standards today!
3rd Grade Lizard Writing Guide
4th Grade Lizard Writing Guide
5th Grade Lizard Writing Guide
If you use Adobe Reader XI to view and save a copy of the writing guide, you can customize your guide by adding your own notes and highlighting your selections. These notes and selections can be removed/updated every year to adjust to the changing needs of your classroom.
Free downloads of Adobe Reader XI are available here.
These guides were developed by the author, Diane Owens, in collaboration with certified teachers Nancy Barth and Alyce McConaghy.